The Future of Firemen's Park. Located east of North Monroe Street and north of Boorman Street. The Park is accessible from the west via Dickenson Street and from the south via Hendricks Street.
Amenities at the Park include: the 1911 C.W. Parker Carousel, baseball and softball diamonds, fields for soccer and football, nine-hole disc golf course, concession stands, playground equipment, pavilions and an asphalt path. Events such as Memorial Day, the Fourth of July celebration and fireworks and the Chamber of Commerce Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday before Easter) are held in the Park.
The Future of Firemen's Park -- Background Information
1. Trustees' Revenues & Expenses
• 2013/2014 Park financial information assembled using figures from Firemen's Park Trustee Treasurer
• City of Waterloo tax dollars transferred to Trustees (1982-2015)
• "Shoe-Factory Fund" Trustees' Capital Reserve balance as of 10/15/2015 -> $22,777.38
• Trustees' Checking Account balance as of 8/31/2015 -> $10,597.50
2. Notes and Park Operation Examples
• Chris Abell August 28th Email on "Plan B"
• 2009 Survey of Park Operations - 7 Similar Communities
• 2015-2017 City - Park Trustees Management Agreement
• City of Lake Mills and Herings Enterprises LLC
• Village of Deerfield notes
3. Facility Rental Rates
• Firemen's Park Trustees' Rental Rates
• City of Columbus Pavilion Rental Rates