How can I get a copy of a police report?
Persons wanting a copy of a police report must submit their request in writing. Your request should include the following information: your name, address, date of the incident and the case number that is assigned to the report that you are requesting. A written request may be submitted at anytime, but it would be best to bring the request to the police department during normal business hours (7:00 AM - 3:30 AM), Holidays and Weekends excluded). Report request forms are available at the Police department during normal business hours.

How much do police reports cost?
A copy of a police report costs $0.25 per page when picked up in person. If mailed to you, it is a minimum feel of $2.00. Payment must be received before a copy of a report is released.

If officers took pictures during their investigation of my case, can I get a copy of them?
Yes. Pictures are copied on to a disc which is a minimum fee for one disc. If there would be multiple discs that need to be used, the charge is $3.00 for each disc.

Does the Police Department do fingerprinting for the public?
Yes, the Police Department does fingerprinting for the public. There is no charge for that service for residents of Waterloo. For non residents there is a $15 fee. You do not need to make an appointment, but it is always advisable to call ahead to see if an officer will be available to help you so you won't have to wait.

If I receive a ticket from a Waterloo Police Officer, where and how do I pay the fine?

Traffic Citation and Summons
If you Choose to pay the citation instead of appearing for your court date, you can mail your copy of the citation, along with the full amount of the forfeiture, to: Clerk of Circuit Court, 320 South Center Street, Jefferson, WI 53549. Include your citation number and the court date with your payment to assure proper handling. This should reach the clerk's office before your court date. For other options and explanations go to our Court & Citations page.

Parking Ticket
Parking tickets may be paid at the Waterloo Police Department during normal business hours, 7:00 AM - 3:30 AM, Holidays and Weekends excluded, or payment mailed to: Waterloo Police Department, 136 North Monroe Street, Waterloo, WI 53594-1125. You may also place the citation and fine in an envelope and drop it in the Drop Box that is located in front of the Municipal Building.

How do I find out the status of my case?
If you know the name of the Officer whom you dealt with, contact the Waterloo Police Department at 920-478-2343. If the Officer is not available, a message will be left for him or her to contact you as soon as possible.

Will I be contacted if my case ever comes to closure?

As a parent, when will I be notified if my child is cited or taken into custody?
It is the policy of this department to notify the parents or legal guardians of a juvenile as soon as it is reasonably possible to do so.

How should I dispose of unused prescription drugs?

The Waterloo Police Department has a drug disposal container in the lobby. All unused medicine and prescription drugs may be brought here for disposal Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please empty all bottles of medication into a ziploc sandwich bag and recycle the bottles. If the medication is in liquid form, put the bottle in a ziploc bag. If you have further quesions, feel free to contact the police department.