Ways to Use the Facility
- Come out for a visit! Go snowshoeing through Garman Nature Preserve, practice cross-country skiing around the grounds, relax in the Warming Room for a lunch break, & take advantage of FREE wi-fi
- Explore the tranquil trails that connect to 22 Native American burial mounds and meander through acres of pristine woodlands in Garman Nature Preserve
- Gather with family and friends to celebrate an event in the Warming Room and sheltered patio
- Pedal with a fleet of bicyclists as you explore the glacial area in one of Waterloo’s many bicycle events
- Consider volunteering to help with upcoming events, community projects, etc.
- LIKE the Waterloo Regional Trailhead on Facebook to find out about upcoming events & programs
Local Business Owners:
- Hold meetings, workshops, & networking events at the trailhead
- Invite the public to come out and try a new product or service that you’re providing
- Hold professional development & team-building opportunities for your employees at the trailhead
- Take advantage of the broad audience the WRT has. FREE marketing opportunities are available to local businesses – All you have to do is submit fliers or brochures about your business, upcoming sales, and events.
- Contact City Hall to plan field trips out at the trailhead
- Coordinate after-school programs and summer programs
- Use the facility as a meeting place for extracurricular groups, Scout troops, etc.
- Encourage your students to volunteer their skills for trailhead events